Finnish Strawberry Cake
Strawberry cream cake
strawberry cake is a traditional Finnish cake made with a sponge cake filled with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
See full recipe
All purpose flour
Heavy whipping cream
Milk or juice
1. Whip the eggs and sugar to a foam.
2. Mix the potato starch and flour together. Add it with a sieve.
3. Pour the batter in an oiled 6-inch pan. Breadcrumb coat prevents from sticking.
4. Cook on the lower rack in the oven for 35 minutes. Let cool down.
5. Cut the cooled sponge cake into three layers.
6. Whip your heavy cream, you can flavor it with some vanilla or grated lemon.
7. Moisten your base with some milk. Add half of the strawberry jam and some cream on top.
8. Spread cream on the sides and top of cake. Decorate with strawberries as you like.
You can cut a nice fan shape to your strawberries for top decoration.
See full recipe.
Cream pipings with a star nozzle are also lovely.
Other Finnish treats