Nordic recipes and cuisine information from Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. Both traditional recipes and modern ones. You can also find vegetarian and vegan Scandinavian alternatives.
In season in December
Popular Swedish and Finnish recipes for Christmas and the winter holidays.
- Lingonberry jam
- Gravlox-cured salmon
- Dill Mustard Sauce – Swedish Hovmästarsås
- Jansson´s temptation-Janssons frestelse
- Swedish pickled herring-inlagd sill
- How to eat pickled herring
- Swedish mulled wine-rödvins glögg
- White wine glögg
- Risgrynsgröt-Swedish rice porridge
- Finnish rice porridge
- Swedish rice pudding
- Rice a la malta-rice pudding with oranges
- Brända mandlar- Swedish Candied Almonds
- Brunkål-Swedish brown cabbage
- Rödkål-Swedish Braised Red Cabbage
- Scandinavian Gingerbread spice mix
Traditional and popular Swedish food recipes
Since Ikea, everyone knows about Swedish cuisine and has maybe eaten something Scandinavian. Learn how to make Swedish delicacies in your home kitchen also with ingredients you can find in your own local store.
See more Swedish recipes
Traditional Finnish food
Traditional common Finnish recipes you will fall in love with.
See more Finnish recipes
Vegan Scandinavian recipes
Many recipes have a paragraph of instruction on how to veganize it. Here below you can find some examples, that are easy to make as a vegan version.
Old classics with updated content to make them even tastier.